Business Case Studies
Creating a cloud based global network, hosted in the UK, for multi-site collaboration across eight countries.
NRS has 90 staff across the two UK sites alone with most travelling across Europe. Furthermore, the UK offices have to connect to sites in seven additional countries. Each site was operating separately, creating a large, disjointed IT network. Staff need to work flexibly, travelling between sites and visiting clients regularly. However, connectivity was limited and remote working was proving difficult.
How NCI supported NRS Media:
- Provision of an integrated global IT network via cloud technologies - hosted in the UK
- Implementing and developing Microsoft Office 365 functions for flexible working in the cloud
- Technical advice, expertise, IT strategy development across country boundaries, solution finding and smooth installation.
- Connecting London and Sunderland offices initially, with a roll out to Canada, America, South Africa, Australia and Spain
- File sharing, activity directory, backup and email across all sites.
- Four servers hosted in the cloud, including a remote desktop server and virtual private network server
- Advanced security - antivirus, secure wireless, server integration, network firewall, backup firewall, data replicated to cloud
- Responsive IT support with 24/7 monitoring
- Integrated communications with IP telephony - installation of Avaya IP Office
- On-site installs and remote IT support - more responsive than local providers
A bespoke, cloud-based solution, centrally controlled, that facilitated immediate transformational benefits for NRS Media. Communication and collaboration between staff was more effective and subsequently there was a rise in the productivity and efficiency of remote workers. Reported IT issues were considerably less and business uptime was greater with less IT failures. Any IT issues were resolved promptly.