Keep your network secure
Protect and secure your data and internal computer network from hackers and internet based threats with a firewall - the crucial first line of defence! Combine this with antivirus protection, web shields and identity and phishing shields, anti-malware protection, rootkit detection and secure file erase for a complete security package as part of our ProSupport service, a fully managed security service for maximum protection against cybercrimes.
What does a firewall do?
Next Generation firewalls monitor all inbound and outbound traffic to stop hacking attempts and malicious code such as viruses, spyware and malware from compromising your network. These firewalls are often referred to as Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls and we can offer a managed firewall service which includes the Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite from Dell SonicWALL. This combines a gateway content filtering, gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware and intrusion prevention plus, much more for maximum protection.
Benefits of a Managed Firewall
The firewall will ensure:
- All traffic in and out of your network is scanned for viruses, spyware, malware and intrusion attempts in real time, with malicious content blocked from access
- Overheads of processing traffic is offloaded from the router, leaving it free to do its main task of providing a stable connection and maximum throughput of data
- Applications such as voice can have bandwidth reserved to help prevent dropouts and loss of connectivity
- Websites accessed by internal staff can be logged and reported on and controls put in place to prevent access to offensive material or time wasting sites
- Multiple connections can be load balanced to provide resilience and split traffic between ISP’s
- 3G Backup can be added to prevent downtime due to a line or exchange outage
The firewall is completely managed and supported by NCI leaving you free to concentrate on your core business.
A failed unit will be replaced by NCI and re-configured so you don’t have to worry about increased downtime or sourcing and installing hardware.
For more information on our managed firewall services for business please contact us.